Explain the title
This book is about the discovery of a hidden chamber known as ” Chamber Of Secrets” in Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. It also explains the connection between the main protagonist Harry Potter and his arch nemesis Lord Voldermort.
What do you think the author’s purpose was for writing this book?
This book is the second book in a series of 7 books. In this book the author has focussed on establishing the following –
- Connection between Harry Potter and Lord Voldermort
- The bond between Harry Potter and his best friends Ronald Weasely & Hermoine Granger
- Backdrop and sub plots for previous and successive books in the series.
What I liked about the book.
- The flow of the book with unexpected twists and turns in the plots and many layers of the story.
- All characters have flaws that make them more relatable. Even though the book is of the fiction genre, the characters make it seem real life like.
- Detailed descriptions of places and events that literally made it come alive like a movie in front of my eyes.
- The thought of creating a story with so many characters and each one of them having an important part to play in the story even if it was small. Like the role of Neville Longbottom. He is shown as a friend of Harry Potter who is forgetful and timid. But he proves his bravery in the final battle.
Describe the setting of the book.
The story takes place in Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Harry Potter along with his friends rejoins the school as a 2nd year student after the summer vacation. A number of attacks and incidents occur in the school that have direct connection with Harry Potter. It also describes the journey of Harry Potter and his friends in discovering the Chamber of Secrets.
Which character do you like the most? Why?
I liked Hermoine Granger’s character the most. I admired her for her amazing knowledge of wizardry and spells, witty answers, presence of mind, and loyalty to her friends.
Would you recommend the book to your friends? Why or why not?
Yes, I would certainly recommend this book to all who enjoy a good read for the following reasons –
- The flow of the story and the mind boggling twists.
- The beautiful depiction of characters and places.
- The language which made me learn many new words
- The power it holds to keep us guessing what will happen next
- Humour portrayed by people and in incidents that brings a smile on our faces.